Write on and edit a layer in a notebook.
1. Open a notebook.
2. Tap the button List Format in the top-right hand corner.
3. Tap Layers in the popover. Locate the layer that you would like to edit.
4. Tap that layer to unlock it: its preview will be framed; a pen will replace a lock; an eye is open.
5. Check whether each of the other layers are editable and viewable before you begin editing.
(Tip: The pen means editable whereas the lock means uneditable. An open eye means viewable whereas a closed eye means not viewable.)
6. Tap anywhere on your note to close the popover to begin your writing and editing.